Why do we value homework at St John’s?
- Homework can make an important contribution to pupils’ progress
- Homework encourages pupils to develop the skills and attitudes necessary for lifelong learning
- To extend / consolidate / reinforce the skills, knowledge and understanding developed in the classroom
- Encourage pupils to develop long term strategies for independent work and study
- Help pupils to develop skills in organisation and meeting deadlines
- To provide opportunities for parents and carers to work together to enjoy learning
- To prepare pupils for High School
What types of homework should I expect my child to get?
- Daily reading is highly encouraged.
- Regular opportunity to practice spellings. ‘Spelling Shed’ is an online resources that pupils can access from home to support and develop their spelling skills.
- For pupils in years 3-6, they can access Century Tech. This is an online resource which provides a personalised pathway of learning for maths, reading and grammar. It is an interactive resource which children enjoy using!
- Homework Club is available for pupils in years 3 – 6.