Design Technology (DT)
Design and Technology at St. John’s Primary School should be an engaging, practical and purposeful subject which gives children first-hand experience of the key skills and processes needed in the production of everyday products.
The children will have the opportunity to:
- Experience a range of products from different fields of design (textiles, construction, food)
- Develop their understanding of the design process from research and conception to final products.
- Explore and learn a range of key skills which can be easily transferred to their everyday life.
- Be creative and imaginative in their designs.
- Persevere to learn and apply new skills with confidence.
- Become ‘problem solvers’ through their making activities.
- Work collaboratively, respecting and understanding the opinions of others.
- Mechanisms - ‘Moving Pictures’
- Textiles - ‘Sock Puppets’
- Food and Nutrition - ‘Teddy Bear’s Picnic’
- Mechanisms - ‘London’s Burning – Fetch The Engines’
- Textiles - ‘Hold My Bag’
- Construction - ‘Guide Me Home’
- Construction - ‘Building Blocks – Stonehenge Big Build’
- Mechanisms - ‘Puppet Show’
- Textiles - ‘Brilliant Bunting’
- Food and Nutrition - ‘Caesar’s Cookies’
- Textiles - ‘Hats Off To You’
- Mechanisms - ‘Moving Monsters’
- Food and Nutrition - ‘Mayan Brownies’
- Mechanisms - ‘Jack In The Box’
- Mechanisms/construction - ‘Let There Be Light’
- Textiles - ‘Funky Furnishings – Memory Cushions’
- Food and Nutrition - ‘Perfect Pizzas’
- Construction - ‘Marbulous Structures’