Why do we give our pupils homework?
- Homework can make an important contribution to pupils’ progress
- Homework encourages pupils to develop the skills and attitudes necessary for lifelong learning
- To extend / consolidate / reinforce the skills, knowledge and understanding developed in the classroom
- Encourage pupils to develop long term strategies for independent work and study
- Help pupils to develop skills in organisation and meeting deadline
- To provide opportunities for parents and carers to work together to enjoy learning
- To prepare pupils for High School
What types of homework should I expect my child to get?
- Reading on a daily basis (with parents or carers for insecure readers)
- Completion of tasks
- Reviewing, redrafting and completing a piece of work
- Preparation for classwork / presentation
- Research topics, projects and investigations
- In all other subjects not stated below, homework will be given as required or as a project before/after a subject specific Enrichment Day.