Design Technology (DT)
Design and Technology at St. John’s Primary School should be an engaging, practical and purposeful subject which gives children first-hand experience of the key skills and processes needed in the production of everyday products.
The children will have the opportunity to:
- Experience a range of products from different fields of design (textiles, construction, food)
- Develop their understanding of the design process from research and conception to final products.
- Explore and learn a range of key skills which can be easily transferred to their everyday life.
- Be creative and imaginative in their designs.
- Persevere to learn and apply new skills with confidence.
- Become ‘problem solvers’ through their making activities.
- Work collaboratively, respecting and understanding the opinions of others.